Monday, February 6, 2012

The Prophet's Lounge with James Hartline -- I will give you the word of the Lord that He has given to me.



The Prophet's Lounge with James Hartline -- I will give you the word of the Lord that He has given to me. On a day in the past week when I was greatly suffering in my own body, I spent hours going to a prayer meeting for another woman who is afflicted in her body. The location of the prayer meeting was located at the church which is at one of the highest points in our city. I had forgotten the right time of the prayer meeting so I actually arrived over an hour before anyone else got there.

As I was alone in the prayer room and I cried out to God for this woman and for our city and our people and our nation and our military, this is the word that God gave me:

"Also concerning the foreigner who is not of Your people Israel, when he comes from a far country for Your name's sake (for they will hear of Your great name and Your mighty hand, and of Your outstretched arm); when he comes and prays toward this house, hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and do according to all for which the foreigner calls to You, in order that all the peoples of the earth may know Your name, to fear You, as do Your people Israel, and that they may know that this house which I have built is called by Your name.

When Your people go out to battle against their enemy, by whatever way You shall send them, and they pray to the LORD toward the city which You have chosen and the house which I have built for Your name, then hear in heaven their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause.

When they sin against You (for there is no man who does not sin) and You are angry with them and deliver them to an enemy, so that they take them away captive to the land of the enemy, far off or near; if they take thought in the land where they have been taken captive, and repent and make supplication to You in the land of those who have taken them captive, saying, 'We have sinned and have committed iniquity, we have acted wickedly'; if they return to You with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their enemies who have taken them captive, and pray to You toward their land which You have given to their fathers, the city which You have chosen, and the house which I have built for Your name; then hear their prayer and their supplication in heaven Your dwelling place, and maintain their cause."
1 Kings 8:41-49

No comments:

Post a Comment